Monday, February 6, 2012

Labor Story

My due date was Jan 31st but I was dilated for about a month before so I had a feeling I would go early. Well Jan 24th rolled around and still no baby I was miserable and huge and very uncomfortable! I went to the Dr. at 9:30 and she stripped my membranes, by 12:00 I was having contractions fairly close together. I called Steve who was working in Philly and told him that they started and he should think about coming home. His response was this: "Honey can you give me like an hour to finish?' which would turn into 2 or 3 hours by the time he got home. I was like really? How am I supposed to tell this baby not to come:). So I layed on the couch to try to slow them down but then I kept thinking of all the last minuet stuff I wanted to do before I head into the hospital. Every time I got up they would come faster so I finally decided I'd better stay laying, At this point they were not real hard just pretty close together. Steve and I kept calling back and forth and I was so relieved when he said they are on their way home. My mom had Aisha so she brought her home and I got to spend a few minuets with her, It felt so weird knowing that this would be the last time I'd only have her. I almost pitied her but I knew I didn't want her to be an only child. Very weird feeling!
anyway back to labor, Steve got home around 2:30 and we headed to the hospital. My contractions were still not that hard just close together. I was half way through checking in and she told be I'd better get back to triage and that Steve could finish checking me in.  The doctor came and checked me and I was at 5. I was in triage for about 15 min. then they took me to labor and delivery. I was planning on trying to labor a little longer without and epidural or maybe even try it without but they started trying to get a vain for the IV and could not get it. It took three nurses and then they finally called the anesthesiologist to come and she got it right away after 45 min and 6 pricks. By this time I was so frustrated and just wanted some relief, it was very hard laboring sitting in one position while they kept sticking a needle in me. within about 10 min of them hooking up the IV I got an epidural and thought I was in Heaven! by this time it was about 5:00 so I just relaxed for a little and Steve went and got something to eat. Then we played skipbo yes its just the game we play when I'm in labor I think it's a fun tradition so far. Oh by the way I beat him all three games. At 6:30 my water broke and I started to feel allot of pressure so she called the Dr. in I pushed for about 3 min and Nicholas joined our world. I'm telling you I would go through labor any day if someone took my pregnancy!
My recovery is going very good as well I finally after 9 months feel like myself again. I told Steve that during my pregnancy I totally do not feel like myself that he should give me another name.

I really hate delivery pictures of myself I look all sweaty and frumpy But it is def one of the most amazing times in my life, holding my child for the first time and since this blog is partially my journal I added them.... just saying


No comments:

Post a Comment