Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Toddler Talk

I just cannot get enough of it!


Steve and I are those weird parents that instead of correcting our kids we talk like them



For instance: Aisha calls hoshy (deer) bologna "bologna hoshy) so that's what it is around our house, and by the way hoshy means deer in dutch, yes we are those weird people that throw in a dutch word every now and then:)

I love how she says girl, so I will ask her 20 times a day if she is a boy or a girl, to which she immediately responds "I a gur" (aaahhh so cute)

She's starting to talk so "big", the other day while we were supposed to be taking a nap she turns to me and say "now mom let me tell you something"


 Pictures are of Aisha at 2 years and 2 months


2 comments:

  1. I love that you talk DUTCH to your kids. Please don't stop!! I wish we knew it well enough to pass it on to our kids :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, sad thing is I do not know it very well so we actually don't speak it to her we just throw in a couple dutch words now and then which I think she thinks are English:) I love hearing little kids speak dutch especially when they are not Amish:)

      Delete